Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Mukilteo and Mariners

This weekend was so beautiful! On Sunday, we went to the beach at the Mukilteo lighthouse. The plan was to have me get into the water in a fake wedding dress and have the skirt poof up around me, spread out my arms and tip my head back. Unfortunately, they removed the dock that used to be there so Jeff wasn't able to get above me and I couldn't get the dress to do what I wanted so we'll be going back soon. He's going to use the picture in an ad with Seattle Bride magazine. That is, if we get a good one :) We have lots of time though. It was fun anyway, but more than a little cold! I'll have water pictures in my next post if I can get ahold of them. Jeff has to find the card they are on first.

On the way down, I took a picture of a ferry. Cam asked what I took a picture of and I told him. He got all excited and begged to see it. I said I'd show him when we got to the parking lot. He said okay. A couple of minutes later, he said: "Mom, are Ferries real?" I was so confused... Jeff and I looked at each other and I started to say that they were indeed real when I realized what he meant. I said "Honey, do you mean fairies with wings?" and he said "YES!" I had to explain to him that a Ferry is a boat and a fairy isn't real. I bet he was so disappointed to find out I didn't really get a picture of a fairy. I forget what it's like to accept that things like fairies could really exist and it would make sense that Mom would have a picture of one. Later on the beach, a ferry docked and I pointed it out to Cam. He didn't say anything so I asked if he saw it and it he replied with "Yes, Mom, I see the ferry, but I don't understand why you want me to look at a boat." Anyway... here's the ferry.



Below are pictures of the kids holding a tulip bouquet Jenn made. She, Mark and Collin went to the beach with us. Jenn wanted to have Jeff take some shots of her in her fancy wedding dress down there too. It's always nice to be able to wear your dress more than once! It was fun and silly being all dressed up like that on the beach. She did a fabulous job with the flowers!






Cammy toes on the beach. He LOVES the beach! He kept looking for sea glass, shells and special rocks because I've told him about Gaba and how she would collect things from the beach and make collages out of them. We ended up going back the next day and watched a small piece of driftwood come in to the beach. Cam waded out and snagged it so we could make a Gaba-like collage with his treasures. Pictures of that much later. Cam kept finding neat things and saying 'Gaba would have liked this!' 'Gaba would think this was pretty!'

Here is me looking all silly. Not sure what was going on with my mouth, but I must have been about to say something.

and a last shot of my cammy boy :) I love him!!


Monday we went to the beach again for fun and then Cam and I went to the Mariner's game against Chicago. Cam really enjoyed it, but mostly he loved the silly foam hand I bought him so he could hold it up and shout 'We're number one!!' We ended up leaving before the end of the game because it went into extra innings and we were both exhausted. We had peanuts and cracker jacks and cotton candy and some sugary drink. It was a grand adventure. Thanks, Roland, for the tickets :) We had a great time together, just me and my Cam.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Those pictures are adorable! I love the flower ones and the feet! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

too cool. paige is a little blossom
too. she is pretty like her mommy